Holden Transmission Repair & Service
Holden, formally known as General Motors Holden, is an Australian automobile manufacturer with over 10 models currently on offer in Australia.
With cars like the Commodore sporting a six-speed GM 6L80-E automatic transmission to the Caprice’s V8 engine with its four-speed GM 4L60-E automatic transmission, Holden has deployed a wide range of transmissions over the years.
Holden transmissions are generally reliable however the torque converter in some 2012 Commodores is prone to a problem that leads to shuddering and requires a replacement.
There has also been a recent transmission problem that has arisen in some Holden cars causing the right-hand drive shaft to separate due to over extension in certain conditions.
Here at Cronulla Sutherland Automatics, we have been servicing and repairing all Holden and General Motors cars for over 50 years.
Our workshop is equipped with the latest diagnostic tools and technology to carry out regular transmission services as well as complete overhauls.
If you’re concerned about your Holden, whether you have noticed a warning light that has come on the dashboard or your car is making unusual sounds when shifting gears, feel free to give us a call or bring your car in for an inspection.
Our staff will diagnose your vehicle’s problem and advise you on the best possible way to repair it.
Our Holden service includes:
- Holden automatic transmission overhauls
- Holden repairs / servicing
- Coolers supplied & installed
- Shift Kit installations
- Reconditioned torque converters
- Valve Body reconditioning
- General servicing
- Clutch replacement & flywheel machining
- Differential servicing
- Fault Diagnosis & Troubleshooting
- Gearbox repair
- Clutch recalibration
- Transfer box overhauls
- Coolant changes / flushing
- All Australian & imported vehicles
- FWD & 4WD
- Electronic controlled
- Torque converter repairs & overhauls
- General auto warranty servicing
- Authorised registration inspection (Pink slip)