Ford Transmission Repair & Service
Ford is the second largest family owned company in the world, with Henry Ford’s great-grandson, William Clay Ford, Jr. currently in the driving seat. Here at Cronulla Sutherland Automatics, we have been repairing Fords for over 50 years.
Fords transmissions are generally reliable with most models from 2010 onwards using the PowerShift gearbox. This is a six-speed dual clutch semi-automatic gearbox.
A4LD transmission is common on older vehicles and first went into production in 1985.
One of the most common transmission issues for Fords today is that the powershift gearbox can exhibit excessive transmission clutch shudder during light acceleration.
Our team have access to the latest diagnostic tools and technology and our workshop is equipped to carry out regular transmission services as well as complete overhauls.
If you’re concerned about your Ford, whether a warning light has come on the dashboard or the car is making unusual noises when shifting gears, feel free to give us a call or bring your car in for an inspection.
Our staff will diagnose your vehicle’s problem and advise you on the best possible way to repair it.
Our Ford service includes:
- Ford automatic transmission overhauls
- Ford repairs / servicing
- Coolers supplied & installed
- Shift Kit installations
- Reconditioned torque converters
- Valve Body reconditioning
- General servicing
- Clutch replacement & flywheel machining
- Differential servicing
- Authorised registration inspection (Pink slip)
- Fault Diagnosis & Troubleshooting
- Gearbox repair
- Clutch recalibration
- Transfer box overhauls
- Coolant changes / flushing
- All Australian & imported vehicles
- FWD & 4WD
- Electronic controlled
- Torque converter repairs & overhauls
- General auto warranty servicing